On Wednesday, June 12, 2019 INHS celebrated Giving is Gorges, 24 hours of giving local, through volunteerism and the launch of the No Place Like Home Fund. Together we raised $10,625 to provide free home repairs to home owners 60 years and older and those with disabilities throughout Tompkins County. These funds will allow our neighbors to age in place and continue living independently thanks to free repairs and upgrades ranging from installing accessible entryway ramps and grab bars throughout the home to fixing leaky faucets and replacing drafty, energy inefficient windows.
- 17 volunteers contributed a total of 51 hours of service painting picnic tables and benches at the Marc Leathers Community Playground; planting flowers at the Henry St. John Building; and providing lawn mowing, pressure washing, and weeding services to our neighbors
- Dozens of community members joined us at Liquid State Brewing Company to raise a glass for affordable housing and to raise an additional $161 for the No Place Like Home Fund
- 72 donors contributed a total of $10,625 bringing us to 71% of of our $15,000 No Place Like Home Fund goal
- Donor support unlocked bonus gifts of $2,000 from David Sprague and Sprague & Jackson, $200 from Warren Real Estate, $2,000 from Hancock Estabrook LLP, and $2,500 from CFCU Community Credit Union
- 100% of donation processing fees were covered by Visions Federal Credit Union so the generosity of our donors will directly benefit our neighbors in the small repair program