Looking to maintain and/or improve the home you love? Have you been hindered by the cost of materials and labor?
From small repairs to larger home repair projects, INHS can help!
Major Home Repair Assistance
We work in partnerships to administer major home repair programs throughout Tompkins County, New York. Low- to moderate-income homeowners of any age receive assistance in making significant repairs to their homes.
Complete our Pre-Application form (you can type your info into the fields of this PDF application and then print and sign it).
After submitting your application, you will be added to the wait list. Once funds are available one of our experienced lenders will contact you to review your eligibility and options and have you complete a full application packet.
How it works
- Income eligible Tompkins County homeowners may apply for repair assistance. Funding availability varies from year to year and is awarded on a first-eligible, first-served basis.
- Application and all required documentation must be provided before your home can be inspected to determine final eligibility.
- Structural issues, health and safety concerns and energy improvements are addressed within the limits of the funding regulations.
- A lien, equal to the amount of assistance provided, is placed on the property for a specified length of time.
- Repairs are done by local, pre-qualified, fully insured private contractors from a list maintained by INHS. Work may include roofing, siding, windows, doors, wells, septic system repair/replacement, energy-saving improvements, and other structural issues.
Please upload the required documents to complete your application using the box below/right. This is a safe and secure way to send your sensitive documents to us. For more information on security click here.
If you are uploading from your phone, flip the screen horizontally to submit documents. If this doesn’t work, you may need to unlock your screen rotation. See instructions below.
iPhone/iOS: Access the Control Center by touching the bottom of any screen then dragging upward. For the iPhone X and newer models swipe downward from the upper-right corner of the Home or Lock screen to access Control Center. Tap the Portrait Orientation icon to lock or unlock screen portrait orientation.
Android: Open Android settings, tap the “Accessibility” option, scroll down and tap the grey “Auto-rotation screen” switch.