Thank you for your interest in INHS.
How to Apply
To apply for a position listed below, email a cover letter and resume to Johanna Anderson, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the cover letter, please specifically address relevant experience and reasons for your interest in this particular position. For more information about INHS, visit www.IthacaNHS.org.
INHS is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
INHS is a Tompkins County Living Wage Certified Employer.
Purpose of Position
Provides administrative support for lending operations to the Director of Lending, other lending staff and staff from other INHS departments. Position requires attention to detail and working knowledge of residential lending, real estate sales, and home improvement.
Duties & Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Active Loan Administration
- Create systems to efficiently manage all reoccurring and urgent tasks;
- Maintain records of homeowner insurance, owner-occupancy;
- Maintain paper and electronic records of real estate and lending transactions;
- Prepare and maintain permanent loan files for residential loan customers;
- Scan, rename documents consistently using database tool;
- Set up loans with Servicer;
- Record and retrieves documents at the Tompkins County clerk’s office;
- Prepare satisfaction of mortgages for all paid loans;
- Request missing documentation from clients;
- Actively understands Funder requirements and monitors files for compliance;
- Counsel clients looking for guidance on home buying or emergency rental assistance;
- Assist Loan Department staff with project coordination and administrative support as needed.
Data Entry, Compliance and Reporting
- Record information into INHS databases or other information systems (MS Access, CounselorMax, Encompass, etc) and troubleshoot data entry
- Prepare reports for grant or program compliance and submit to funders
- Ensure INHS’ contractual obligations
Delinquency and Collection
- Receive and analyzes monthly loan payment reports received from M&T Bank;
- Prepare monthly INHS loan delinquency report;
- Take actions with respect to delinquencies in accordance with Loan Policy;
- Prepare workouts with advice and approval of the Director of Lending, Executive Director and Loan Committee on delinquency actions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Associate Degree and minimum of 3 years of experience in residential lending, real estate sales, or related administrative functions.
Good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work with people through difficult and sometimes awkward financial discussions. Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities. High attention to detail. Must pass a criminal background check.
Intermediate proficiency in Windows-based software including MS Word and MS Excel.
Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to the INHS mission to revitalize neighborhoods and to assist low to moderate income people in obtaining quality housing on a long-term basis.
This description is not to be taken as a limiting document. Other duties may be assigned.
INHS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. INHS is a Tompkins County Living Wage Certified Employer.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and resume to Delia Yarrow at email@example.com. In the cover letter, please specifically address relevant experience and reasons for your interest in this particular position. For more information about INHS, visit www.IthacaNHS.org.