Types of home rehabilitation work include:
• New siding
• New windows and doors
• Repairs to foundation
• Repair or replacement of roofs
• Furnace and hot water heater replacement
• Repairs or replacement of decks, porches, and stairs
• Interior and exterior painting
• Installation of new flooring
• Bathroom modifications
• Accessibility accommodations
• Wheelchair ramps
Competitive Bid Process/Procedure:
- As INHS projects become available, contractors on the INHS list of approved contractors are invited to bid via email. (Open project specifications will also be posted to the INHS contractors’ web page.)
- Contractors wishing to submit a response to the invitation to bid may complete and submit a Contractor Qualification Form, the required insurance certifications,and a W-9 to qualify at any time prior to the due date specified in the request for bids (be aware that INHS will need time to review the contractor’s application packet prior to the bid closing date).
- Generally, a minimum of three bids will be solicited for each project.
- Responses to requests for bids may be submitted via email, through postal services, uploaded via Box (see below) or hand delivered to INHS’s Construction Services department located in the basement of the Henry St. John Building at 115 W. Clinton St., Ithaca, NY.
- All bids must be received by the deadline specified in the invitation to bid.
- The successful bidder will be notified once Construction Services staff and the homeowner have reviewed all bids received by the deadline.
- After the successful bidder is notified, INHS draws up an agreement between the contractor and the homeowner that outlines requirements, timelines, and the payment schedule.
- The payment schedule varies, but is always included in the contract. Based on that schedule, invoices received by 5:00 PM on Mondays will have a check generated by Friday that same week.
If you are a contractor and interested in bidding on projects, please complete and submit the Contractor Qualification Form, the required insurance certifications,and a W-9. If you have any questions, please contact Louis Gunn, Construction Services Project Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or give him a call at 607-277-4500 extension 224.
You are also welcome to reach out to the Director of Construction Services, Loralee Morrow, with any questions at email@example.com or 607-277-4500 extension 223.
NYS M/WBE certified contractors and Veteran-owned businesses are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please upload the required documents to complete your application using the box below/right. This is a safe and secure way to send your sensitive documents to us. For more information on security click here.