The current pandemic has challenged all of us in many ways. For us at INHS, it has shined a glaring spotlight on the importance of safe, stable, affordable housing for everyone. Our mission is to expand housing opportunities for low-to moderate-income people in our service area, and we haven’t wavered from doing so.
Below are our current programs that are designed to help people purchase their first home, maintain and/or improve their current home with health and safety improvements, or find an apartment.
- Rental Assistance Program – Rent relief up to three months to eligible households who have experienced a loss of income related to the public health crisis. Available to renters in Schuyler, Seneca, Tioga, and Tompkins Counties.
- Financial Assistance for First-Time Homebuyers – Up to $20,000 down payment and closing cost assistance to first-time homebuyers in all counties INHS serves.
- Home Improvement Program – Financial assistance available to make significant home repairs, including health and safety improvements and accessibility modifications. Available to eligible homeowners in Tompkins County.
- Minor Repair Program – Provides professional quality, timely repairs to help seniors, those with disabilities, and single heads of household with dependents maintain their homes. Available to eligible homeowners in Tompkins County.
- Apartment Rentals – INHS offers safe, affordable and high quality units to rent in Tompkins and Seneca Counties. Great locations and amenities are just the beginning!
If you have questions about any of the programs above, contact Amber Compton at email@example.com or call (607) 277-4500.