Looking to maintain and/or improve the home you love? Have you been hindered by the cost of materials and labor?
From small repairs to larger home rehabilitation projects, INHS can help!
Home Rehabilitation Grants
We work in local partnerships to administer home rehabilitation programs throughout Tompkins County, New York. Low- to moderate-income homeowners of any age receive assistance in making significant repairs to their homes.
How it Works
- Income eligible Tompkins County NY homeowners may apply for rehabilitation assistance. Funding availability varies from year to year and is awarded on a first-eligible, first-served basis.
- Application and all required documentation must be provided before your home can be inspected to determine final eligibility.
- Structural issues, health and safety concerns and energy improvements are addressed within the limits of the funding regulations.
- A lien, equal to the amount of assistance provided, is placed on the property for a specified length of time.
- Rehabilitation is done by local, pre-qualified, fully insured private contractors from a list maintained by INHS. Work may include roofing, siding, windows, doors, wells, septic system repair/replacement, energy-saving improvements, and other structural issues.